Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

{ 30 weeks & 70 days }

Baby My boy measures about 17 inches from head to toe and weighs about 3 pounds. He is growing plumper and beginning to control its own body temperature. Eyebrows and eyelashes are fully developed, and hair on the head is getting thicker. Head and body are now proportioned like a newborn's. Hands are now fully formed and fingernails are growing. Mama Your uterus is about four inches above your navel, and it's hard to believe you still have about 10 weeks to go as baby continues to push on your ribs. You may be feeling more discomfort in your pelvis and abdomen. You'll probably be gaining about a pound a week. A few updates - I had an ob appointment yesterday. I lost a few pounds since my last appointment. But the dr said that's nothing to worry about at this point. Blood pressure is still perfect :) And the foot/ankle swelling has gone down considerably in the past few days. My hips & pelvis have been feeling MUCH better since I've been out of work... thank goodness. I was afraid nothing would change. Our 3D ultrasound do-over - another fail! My boy is just very happy with his head jammed into my cervix and his face firmly planted in the placenta. He likes it there. Which is great for delivery in 10 weeks... perfect position. But not so much for getting awesome 3D ultrasound pictures. We did manage to get a few okayish ones. Here's a glimpse ... I think he looks like my little brother :) In nursery news - I think the spackle guy should be done sanding today. Which means I can start painting as early as tomorrow. I have to make sure we have primer and some good brushes & rollers. And we've decided to paint the nursery Silver Sage - mainly because we have over 1 & a half gallons of it leftover from our master bedroom. Free :) I'm heading over to the mom & pop carpet shop later today, hoping to get an idea on how much carpet is going to cost for his room & the adjacent family room. Hopefully it's not too much.

No comments: