Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 3, 2009

{ 28 weeks }

I'm a bit late in posting my 28 week update. It's been busy around here! My Boy He measures about 10 inches from crown to rump, or a total length of about 15.75 inches from head to toe, and weighs about 2.4 pounds. Brain waves show rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, which means your baby may be dreaming. Eyelids are opening. Branches of lungs are developing, so there's a good chance that baby would survive if born prematurely now. {yeah!!} Mama Your uterus extends well above your navel. As baby gets bigger and stronger this month, you may be experiencing leg cramps and mild swelling** of ankles and feet, difficulty sleeping, shortness of breath, lower abdominal achiness, clumsiness or scattered Braxton Hicks contractions (hardening and relaxing of the uterus, like rehearsals for labor). You may also be urinating more frequently again as the uterus continues to push on your bladder. **What is this mild swelling they speak of? Mild is not the word for what I've got going on. I wake up with ankle bones, and after 5 minutes of being on my feet they are completely non-existent again. I know, I know... hydrate & elevate. I'm trying, really I am. The boy's movement has slowed down considerably. Almost to the point of scaring the crap outta me. I'm not sure if he's running out of room and not moving as much. Or if I'm desensitized to the feeling anymore. He's not really into the quick jab or punch anymore either... more of a rolling, wavy motion. Maybe that's why I don't feel it... Or maybe because I'm constantly on the go and I just don't even realize he's moving around in there. But when I do lay down to do some kick counts he always pulls through. I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about. And the first time he doesn't cooperate during a kick count I'm calling the doc! The rocker/recliner... wrong! Gosh, we are 0 for 2 when it comes to baby stuff! First the issue with the crib, now the recliner. I had my doubts when we ordered it... I was pretty sure the guy had no clue what I was talking about when I said I wanted one solid color, no contrast trim. But he assured me it was right, and sent us on our way. Fast forward to Saturday when we went to pick up the chair (mind you, BBBaby is an hour & ten minutes away). After standing around at Customer Service for 25 minutes, they finally load the box into Joe's truck. Of course I insist on opening the box before we leave... you know, just to make sure... well wouldn't you know. Wrong! Go friggin' figure! Back in the store... wait around another 10 minutes for the furniture manager to show up. Tell her I am now out of time & patience and just return the chair, refund my money... I'm moving on. She insists she'll take care of it personally... I have to call her Monday (today) at my convieniece to go over the order. I'll be making that phone call as soon as I hit publish on this post. Wish me luck! How far along? 28 weeks, 5 days - 79 days left! Total weight gain/loss: Still down, about 2 pounds from my pre-preg weight. Maternity clothes? Project make my own maternity jeans didn't really work out all that well. So new jeans are on order from JCPenny. Stretch marks? ew, gross. I wish they would stop creeping up out of nowhere. Sleep: I hate it. I dread going to sleep, because I know how miserable I'll feel in the morning. My back just aches for hours! Best moment this week: all of them! I just love my life :) Movement: slowing down... Food cravings: Yes! Lemons, brown sugar, cheese fries... all of the above Gender: He's a boy! Rough & Tumble :) Labor Signs: None Belly Button in or out? In, but really starting to shallow out. What I miss: A nice cold margarita... with salt! What I am looking forward to: Starting the nursery. Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every minute of this -- even the tough stuff. :) And I'm officially a Stay at Home Wife... for a few more weeks anyway. The I get the awesome title of Stay at Home Mommy!!!! Unfortunately I spent most of my first day home on the phone with the insurance company & ultrasound image center trying to figure out whey they can't just use the right frigging diagnostic code in the first place. Why must you submit it wrong, and then send me a bill for $600!! Hello... talk about annoying! After a nice conversation with Brian at my insurance company, and a not-so-nice converstaion with Julie at the Image Center every thing has been straightened out. Thank goodness. Tomorrow I get to submit my disabilty claim and then the $$ starts rolling in. Let's hope that all goes off without a hitch!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The slowing in movements? Just the calm before the storm lol. In no time you will be begging for mercy and insisting that your ribs might be broken. Okay, that's an exaggeration but enjoy the slow movements now ;o)