I was diagnosed with sacroiliac joint dysfunction about a year before I got pregnant. Up until getting pregnant I was treating it with physical therapy and anit-inflammatory meds. I stopped the meds & PT when I found out I was pregnant and miraculously the pain stayed away. Until 3 weeks ago. I started doing some pt excercises and weekly trips to the chiropractor, but it hasn't been helping. My job requires me to be on my feet most of the day, and lots of sitting & standing, constantly up & down.
My ob offered to prescribe me narcotics since anti-inflammatory drugs are out. I passed, and suggested just taking me out of work. She seemed to like that idea even better, but was hesitant to suggest it because I'm still early in my pregnancy, and NJ State Disability doesn't offer full pay.
Luckily for me, I have private disability insurance through my employer. It pays 100%. A perk of working for a major corporation :)
I'm kinda sad to be leaving work so early. But thankfully I'll still be getting paid, and hopefully I'll be able to get tons of stuff done in the next 12 weeks that would have been impossible otherwise. In other news... - our rocker/recliner is in at BBBaby! Boy, that was fast :) Now if I could just come up with a 20% off coupon so I can get a price adjustment. - results of my glucose test... awesome. Normal range for the kind of test I did (non-fasting, with the juice) is 75-145. I came in at a very stellar 85. Go Me! - up 3 pounds from last appointment. Not bad. 3 pounds in 3 weeks. Let's hope it keeps this pace. - called my insurance company... childbirth classes are not covered. Neither is a breastpump unless medically necessary, and prescribed by a doctor. Or I'm discharged before the baby. Oh well... - 28 weeks tomorrow! Only 12 to go :) - making s-l-o-w progress on the baby's room. But at least it's progress. - speaking of childbirth classes. They are no longer offered at my ob's office. Now they are only through the hospital. And the temp chick in the 'education department' was clueless as to when the next class starts. She's sending me a pamphlet in tomorrow's mail. Apparently opening the pamphlet and glancing over it while on the phone with me was way beyond her job description. Hmph. -
1 comment:
Sorry about the pain but that's awesome you are fully paid the entire time. I had to grin and bear it and it royally sucked. I was in so.much.pain. Sounds like you've got a great job. Wish I could help on the coupon.
Post a Comment