Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 13, 2009

{ NT Scan }

We had our NT Scan today. It was not at all what I had hoped for. Our baby is so darn stubborn. Milli would not move one bit so the ultrasound tech could get a good look at the neck. She was pushing on my belly, making my roll left, roll right, cough, sit up, lay back... everything. But the baby still would not move. After 30 minutes she took us to the employee cafeteria so I could eat something super sugary (a bottle of grape juice) with the hopes that would get the baby moving. Well, it worked. At the second ultrasound she got perfect pictures for measurements. And we got to see Milli rolling around. At one point s/he even put its arms up in front of its face as if to say "no more pictures." So cute! Since I sent in my blood work before the ultrasound we were able to get the results right away. The risk of our baby having Downs or Trisomy 13/18 is 1 in >10,000! The best results out there! Way to go, Milli!

No comments: