Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

{ 13 weeks }

Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)
I'm feeling fabulous. I finally have some energy back! Now I have no excuse for not cleaning the house or making dinner every night :) I had a pretty uneventful ob appointment yesterday. I got to hear milli's heartbeat with the doppler... 140's. Perfect. And the doctor finally gave me the results of all my bloodwork from 5 weeks ago. Everything was normal... hence the reason I didn't hear anything sooner. And I passed my one hour glucouse test :) Let's hope that's the case with the second on in a few months. Next appointment is May 12th. At that time I can also schedule our anatomy scan - aka, the Big ultrasound. Yep, that's right...we're going to find out if we are having a little girly girl, or a rough & tumble boy! What else? Still wearing my pre-preg clothes. I figured out a new way to wear the Bella Band which is working out perfectly. Jeans are oh-so comfy now. Unless I pop overnight, I think I'll be in my pre-preg clothes for a few more weeks. Good thing, because plus size maternity clothes are hard to come by! Oooh.. Colten John was born today! John & Meghan welcomed a precious baby boy into the world around 9:30 tonight. I can't wait to meet him! And, prompted by Colten's birth, Steph & Bob are officially trying agian :)

No comments: