Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

{ a kumquat }

Week 10 :: approximately 1.2 inches long :: 0.14 oz
With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)
* I did NOT like the freaky bump.com picture of the prune they were comparing my unborn child to. So I found this lovely little orange kumquat instead :) It's been quite an eventful week - just 7 days ago this was still our little secret. But now we're shouting it from the rooftops! And I can't not mention the major scare we had on Sunday. At this point I am not bleeding at all... havent' seen any signs of it coming back either. Whew! I'm waiting to hear from Dr. Danley about the results of my Sunday/Tuesday beta tests. Hopefully it doesn't take her forever to get back to me. --- Just heard back. For some reason they do not have beta results from Sunday in the office. Not sure if they didn't do the right blood test or not. Tuesday's looked great, she said - 104,000. But it really doesn't mean much when you have nothing to compare it to. :( There is no one in the Vernon office today, so the nurse in Newton's office is going to have someone call me tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have beta results from last Wednesday's blood work. And they'll be able to tell me something! If not I'm going to request another beta. I hate being such a nervous nelly... but let's be real, this is my baby we're talking about! Other than that I am feeling fabulous! No serious nausea... just a touch in the morning when I'm in the hot steamy small shower. I get all kinds of claustrophobic and start sweating. Boobs are still tender. And I think they've stopped growing. And let's not forget about the fact that I am totally wiped out after cleaning the bathroom. I need a nap!

No comments: