Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

{ scary }

Not cool! Here's my post from thebump.com - pretty much sums it up.

After a lazy day of watching trashy tv and napping, I woke up to more-than-spotting bright red bleeding. I freaked out, of course. Called my doctor, left a message with the answering service and waited. After the longest 20 minutes of my life she finally called back. I told her what was happening, she didn't seem overly concerned. But she did say I should come into the office first thing this morning, or head to the ER if the bleeding got worse or was accompanied by cramping.

Another 20 minutes went by... the bleeding didn't get worse, but it didn't get better either. And there was no cramping. But we headed to the ER anyway. My husband was leaving for a 2 week business trip at 2:30am, and I wanted to know what the heck was going on before he left. I just couldn't wait until Monday.

After hours of blood tests, ultrasounds, pelvic exams and w.a.i.t.i.n.g. I was finally told everything looked fine. Whew! My cervix is on lock down. Baby is measuring exactly on target. And the heartbeat is ticking away. The bleeding did finally stop while I was at the hospital. And I have a follow up beta test scheduled for tomorrow morning.

My husband left of his business trip as planned, feeling much better about the situation after our evening in the ER. We're keeping our fingers crossed and praying like crazy! I haven't had any bleeding since... a good, good, good sign! I went for my follow up appointment at the ob's office after work yesterday. Saw Dr. Rubino - he said everything look good... blabbed on & on about how frist tri bleeding is normal.... well, it should not be normal! This afternoon I went in for my follow up blood work at the hospital. They will forward the results of the beta test to Dr. Danley, and she'll let me know if there is any cause for concern. xxxCrossing fingersxxx

No comments: