Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

{ a lime }

Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.
I can't believe how great I've been feeling. All signs of nausea are gone ::crossing fingers:: But I did have this strange bout of heartburn for two days - let me tell you, that is not at all what I thought heartburn was going to feel like. Heart burn...I'm thinking burning near the heart. Not so much. I felt like someone was crushing my chest for 2 whole days. I did some reading up on the subject. Apparently I can no longer eat and then lie down. NO. Also no eating near bed time. So far I'm cured :) In other big news, I think we picked our final four names. Two boy names, two girl names. Eeeek - so exciting. And it was so easy! I just love the idea that my child has a name. His or her very own name. It's so wild. Makes real, ya know! But no reveal here ;) I've also started actively looking at bedding. I think I found some stuff for a girl. The Sophie collection from Pottery Barn Kids. I just want the bumper and the bed skirt, and maybe the quilt. I'm assuming I'll be constantly changing sheets, so I'll get a bunch of different colors & patterns that coordinate with the polka dots. And I'm pretty sure we are NOT doing a pink room! But maybe. :) Oh, and I want the pink trellis rug they sell too!Nothing's really striking me as "just right" for a little boy yet. Keep looking! We (by we, I mean Joe) starts the demo of the nursery on Sunday. I'll be out of town, so it's the perfect time to clear out all the plaster and lath and yucky dusty stuff. I'm still up in the air about where I want to put the closet in that room - tucked off to one side of the chimney, or separated on either side of the window creating a nice window seat. Hmmmm... images: potterybarnkids.com

No comments: