Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ahh... the prenatal massage was just heavenly! I can't wait to go back after I have the baby, just so I can lay on my belly and really enjoy it :) Week 39 Baby My boy is about 21.5 inches long from head to toe and weighs a little more than 7 pounds. Toenails and fingernails have grown to tips of toes and fingers. Muscles of his arms and legs are strong, and he's practicing lung movements. His head has dropped into my pelvis if he's head-down, which allows me to breathe a little easier. {Yes!} Mama You're probably (nah, not really!) feeling quite large and uncomfortable. Your uterus has filled your pelvis and most of your abdomen, pushing everything else out of the way. Your center of gravity has shifted, so you may be clumsier than usual. Tip for the week Watch for signs of labor, but don't get too obsessed. It could happen soon or still be weeks away. Some differences between false labor and contractions: False labor pains usually concentrate in the lower abdomen and groin, while true labor pains may start in the lower back and may spread through the entire abdomen. Real labor also becomes stronger and more powerful as time passes. How far along? 39 weeks, 1 day Total weight gain/loss: holding steady at +20 Maternity clothes? I haven't worn anything other than yoga pants in 2 weeks. Good thing I don't have to dress up for the grocery store :) Stretch marks? my stretch "dots" on my hips have turned into to full-fledged stretch marks Sleep: eh... I seem to sleep best after Joe leaves for work. No offense, love ;) Best moment this week: Realizing that I'm going to have an outside baby very, very soon. I get all choked up just thinking about what he's going to look like. Movement: lots & lots Food cravings: nothing in particular. Strawberries, but everytime I go to the store they don't have any! Gender: He's a boy! Rough & Tumble :) Labor Signs: crampy, still 3cm & 50%, and the plug is on its way out Belly Button in or out? Still in. My bet is it won't pop. What I miss: Mai Tai's... on the beach... in Maui What I am looking forward to: getting some projects done around here! Weekly Wisdom: Stop procrastinating! Let's revisit my nursery to-do list from last week, shall we...
  • caulk & paint all trim work
  • hang closet curtains
  • paint "penny farthing" bicycle & hang
  • buy new or paint mirror for above dresser
  • DONE order artwork from etsy.com
  • paint picture frames & blocks for book case
  • sew pillows for twin bed
  • paint twin bed
  • make basket liner
  • finish faux roman shade
  • move all his stuff from Mom's house to our house
  • organize closet & dressers
No, you're eyes are not fooling you... I have done exactly ONE thing since last week. One. Shameful, I know. But I have big plans for today. We'll revisit again tomorrow :) I'm off to get something done!

No comments: