Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Life

Life...it's been getting in the way of my blogging! I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've updated. And man, do I have a lot to update! I left of with a weight post after my last doctor's appointment on Sept.9... up 5 pounds in two weeks. Scary. That put me over my pre-pregnancy weight by 6 pounds. Total weight gain was 19 pounds. I'm happy to report that over the last two weeks I didn't gain an ounce... awesome! My shower was last Sunday, the 13th. My mom sure does know how to throw a party! It was great. Everyone was so generous, and we got lots of goodies. Lots of clothes... lots and lots. It's all still in Mom's basement, waiting for his room to be finished... and the family room reno project to move further along (to avoid baby stuffs being exposed to unnecessary dust). But even with all the stuff people bought us I was surprised at how much we didn't get... Bottles, pacifers, swaddle blankets, etc. That's okay though... a good reason for me to head to Buy Buy Baby and spend $418! Yeah.. four hundred and eighteen dollars. I freaked out too. And I'm still not done. Breastfeeding class was last Tuesday, the 15th. Great class. Learned a ton. Prompted an order from Amazon for Breastfeeding Made Simple - I plan to study it. And I'm going to pick up a copy of The Nursing Mother's Companion. I'm really excited to try breastfeeding, and I'm commited to making it work. **crosses fingers** Wednesday Empire came to install the carpet in the babe's room. They were in and out in just under 2 hours. Can't wait to use them again. Here are some pictures of Daddy & Uncle Jonny putting together the crib. Notice the awesome carpet :) Saturday morning we went on a tour of Labor & Delviery. Answered a ton of questions I had. And we discovered they have a jacuzzi I can labor in, as long as I'm not on any drugs (stadol, pitocin, etc). And they eased my biggest fear - I can walk the halls while laboring. I was told by 2 or 3 people that I couldn't. But again, that was because they were under the influence ;) No druggies for me, mmmkay. At least that's the plan! After the tour, Joe was off to the truck show. So Mom and I got to painting. This is an antique dresser I picked up off the side of the road about a year ago. I had big plans to put it in our master bedroom. But the baby is more important, so he gets it :) Don't lie.. you dig the teddy bears! Sunday we had a huge "Let's get this room done" party. Mom, Jonny, Ryan, Emma & Nelson (mil & boyf), Steph & Brooke all came over to help. We got so much done! Here's a pic of the closet... almost finished. I still need to make the curtains, and caulk nail holes & touch up paint. And there's the dresser. With a fresh coat of green paint. See ya later Teddy :) I'm kinda sad it's going to get covered up with closet curtains! And I just have to point out the almost-a-perfect-match closet shelves. Score 1 for Home Depot for carrying the Closetmaid system in Nickle finish. It's the little things that make me happy! And that lonely little onsie in there. That's his coming home outfit. From my mom. She had it embroidered with the word 'new'... and I just love it. Makes me all teary every time I look at it! Ugh...this is like a marathon post. But I just have a few more things to add before I head off to the kitchen to make dinner. 36 weeks tomorrow! Which means I have 4 weeks to go. Holy shit. Doctor's appointment today. Group B Strep culture, and my first internal. Head down & Already 2 cm. Not that it means anything, but still. That's 2 pain-free cm's that I don't have to worry about come D-day! No weight gain. Blood pressure was perfect. His heartbeat was rockin' at 138 bmp. Lookin' good. How far along? 35 weeks, 6 days Total weight gain/loss: +19, up 6 from pre-preg Maternity clothes? if I must. I'm much happier in yoga pants :) Stretch marks? yes. and stretch dots on my hips. strange. Sleep: Eh. Best moment this week: Getting lots of work done in the boy's room. Movement: crazy... not so much kicking any more, he's moved on to pushing & shoving. If I push on him, he pushes back - I LOVE it! Food cravings: cheese fries. and I'm dying for Bubba Gumps. Hoping I get to go for my birthday. Gender: He's a boy! Rough & Tumble :) Labor Signs: None Belly Button in or out? Still in. My bet is it won't pop. What I miss: maragritas What I am looking forward to: Finishing up his room and moving all his stuff in Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every minute -- it's not as bad as I thought, at all!

No comments: