Sunday, July 19, 2009
{ the crib is a chair }
We went to pick up the crib Friday evening. I go into JCPenney's, at the catalog order center. Tell them I'm here to pick up my crib. I sign the slip, and they tell me to pull around to the loading dock on the side of the building.
We pull around. Joe gets out, loads the box into the Jeep. There is NO way that a crib fits in that box. It's small...way smaller than a crib. I ask the guy are you sure there isn't another box. No, no that's it. It has my sticker on it with my name. Of course it must be mine.
I insist we open the box before leaving. I mean, we did drive 45 minutes to get the darn thing. There is no way I'm getting it all the way home to realize it's not the freakin' crib. So.. what's in the box? A Chair! That's right. A very nice x-back dining chair. But it's not a crib.
After 45 minutes of me NOT freaking out (very unlike me, especially with all these hormones lately) and a very cooperative & friendly assistant manager we decide the best thing to do is return the "non-existent" crib and repurchase it. With a mega discount for my troubles, of course. :) Another 20% off. Whooo Hoooo. Making the originally price $249 seem like such a rip off. I'm walking away with the crib for a measly $142 when it's all said and done. Can't beat that price with a stick!!!
It should be arriving at the store in a few days, provided the warehouse doesn't sticker the wrong item again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! I would have freaked out. At least you got a steal of a deal out of it!
Yay for you!! Love a silver lining :o)
Post a Comment