Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

{ 27 weels }

He's getting so big!
The Boy He measures about 9.6 inches from crown to rump and weighs a little more than 2 pounds. Hands are active and muscle coordination is such that he can get his thumb into his mouth. Thumb-sucking calms the baby and strengthens his cheek and jaw muscles. Your baby can cry now. Mama You may see stretch marks as your uterus continues to expand. Most women have gained about 16 to 22 pounds by now. Balance and mobility also may be changing as you grow larger.
- - - - - - - - - o - - - - - - - - -
The crib is in...again. I think we're heading down there to pick it up tonight. Let's hope it's a crib, and not a chair, or some other random piece of furniture! I woke up this morning and I could see my ankle bones! But it was short lived. After 20 minutes up & on my feet getting ready for work, and they were gone again. :( But I've taken some advice... keep shoes on. At all times! So I'm going to start sleeping in my Adidas :) I had to leave my e-ring & wedding band at home this morning. They are constantly sliding around on my fingers. And yesterday at work I was putting something into a large envelope, and they slipped right off. Thank goodness they landed right in the envelope. So, now they are home bound until I can be sure I'm not going to lose them. It's funny... on of my biggest fears pre-pregnancy was having my hands swell up to balloons and not being able to wear my rings. Crazy how the complete opposite has happened. So you know how is it says "most women have gained about 16 to 22 pounds by now" up there... Not true here. I'm still 3 pounds under my pre-preg weight. I'm just terrified that over the next 13 weeks I'm going to gain 10 pounds a week or something! Only time will tell. My hips & pelvis/groin are killing me. Especially in the morning after sleeping all night. So far my SI joint pain hasn't been acting up. But I'm afraid it's only a matter of time. I swear that my SI pain is going to send my over the edge and force me to get an epidural, not the contractions. I really have to make an effort to get to the chiro more offten. Actually, I'll head over there tonight before dinner.

1 comment:

SAB said...

Not sure if I have ever posted a comment on your blog, but I wanted to say thanks for sharing your pregnancy progress. It has been fun to read...oh and good luck with crib pickup attempt #2.