Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 14, 2009

{ wow...it's been a while }

I'm almost 2 weeks behind, for crying out loud! Time to catch up :)
21 weeks
Baby: He measures about 7.2 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 10.5 ounces. He's steadily gaining fat to keep warm. Growth rate is slowing down but organ systems, like digestion, are continuing to mature. A waxy film, called the vernix caseosa, is being produced by his oil glands and covers the skin to keep it supple in the amniotic fluid. Buds for permanent teeth are beginning to form.
Mom: Friends, relatives, even strangers can probably tell you're pregnant by now. Your uterus is starting to extend above your navel. You've probably gained between 10 and 14 pounds by now. ** Friends & relatives, yes. Strangers still think I'm chubby! Last week's ob appointment was short & sweet, just like the rest. Except this time the babe & I had some company. My mom & MIL tagged along to hear his heartbeat. Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh Lot's of fun. Then it was off to Milano's for lunch...the best part :) Later that day Mom & I headed over to the pregnancy clinic. They were offering free ultrasounds to any pregnant women in the area in order to train a new sonogram tech. Free is for me! We got to see the little guy moving around all over the place... it's so much fun to see and feel him move at the same time now. Surreal! And we caught him sucking his thumb! Too cute. I'll have to scan the u/s picture soon. What else? Oh, we just got back from a short camping trip. Yeah...can you believe this girl camps. My idea of 'roughing it" is a hotel without room service! Turns out I agreed to join Joe's sister & her husband on their annual camping trip before I knew I was pregnant. Then felt bad backing out. So I camped. All 21-weeks-pregnant o f me. I have a rough time sleeping in a normal bed...forget about sleeping on an air mattress for 3 nights. Let's just say I won't be camping again...ever. :) And for the biggest news - Joe got to feel him kick last night! It was awesome. I felt him kick on the outside for the first time early yesterday morning...and I wasn't sure if Joe would be able to feel him, but he did! Awesome! Oooh... I bought the boy his first truck! Actually it's for his bedroom. It fits in perfectly with the style of room I'm planning. Not the exact... but very similar!

image bumblebeegiftco.com

No comments: