Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

{ 23 weeks }

Baby: He is about 8 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost 1 pound. His body is becoming proportioned more like a newborn, but skin is still wrinkled because he still has more weight to gain. Let's hope he doesn't gain too much... I don't want to deliver a 10 pounder! Mama: Your round belly is definitely noticeable by now. Weight gain will be about 12 to 15 pounds. You may still have aches in the small of your back. Lying down, massages and applying a heating pad or hot water bottle to the area can help. So, what's new with me and the babe? Not a whole lot. We are just enjoying each other's company. I could lay on the couch for hours with my hands on my belly just waiting to feel him kick and move around. Amazing. He loves when I play his musical lamb "Winston" for him. Hush little baby, don't say a word, Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird... What else? Oh, the nursery. I'm torn. I just can't commit to an overall idea to run with in his room. Do I want it to be neutral & calming, and babyish? Or do I want to do something he can grow with, darker colors, less babyish? I thought I had it all figured out! Back to the drawing board :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

If you're putting time and money into decotaring a room, it's always nice not to have to redo the whole thing in a couple years. Maybe start with a neutral palette and supplement the design with baby accessories that be replaced in the future. Much easier than repainting or scraping an icky border off the wall.

Hope this helps :o)