Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

{ a blueberry & sick! }

I'm 7 weeks pregnant today. And let me tell you... I feel it. I'm bloated & nauseous. I can't stop peeing or burping. I'm trying not to dwell on the negative... just thinking ahead to my first ultrasound where I can see this little blueberry that's making me soooo tired!
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about 100 new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.
Today was my first 'real' bout of morning sickness. I had to choke down breakfast. I almost passed out in the shower. I nibbled on Honey Nut Cheerios and Smarties and lollipops, and pretzel nuggets all day at work. Nothing seemed to help. I'm feeling slightly better now that I've eaten lunch. But I'm sure this isn't the last I've seen of the devil they call Morning Sickness!

No comments: