Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 8, 2009

38 Weeks

38 Weeks Baby The boy is about 21 inches from head to toe and weighs about 6.8 pounds. Most of his downy hair, lanugo, and whitish coating, vernix, is disappearing. He's getting his antibodies from you to protect against illness. His growth is slowing, but fat cells under skin get plumper for life outside the womb. Almost ready for birth, your baby would do well if born now. Mama You're probably not getting any bigger, but you may be feeling more uncomfortable. Make sure you have a bag packed. It won't be long now -- 95% of all babies are born within two weeks of their mother's due date. I had an ob appointment on Tuesday. Up 4 pounds... but I was wearing jeans, a sweatshirt & sneakers... not my usual attire of yoga pants and a tank top, and no shoes on the scale. So I'm going to say I was really only up a pound. ;) No progress from last week. Still 3cm and 50%. I asked the dr to guess how big he was. She said he's low 6's now, and probably won't go over 7 & a half pounds. We'll see :) Let's see... what's going on? Still working on the nursery. I just don't have the motivation to do anything. Lots of little projects to get done... but I just don't wanna!
  • caulk & paint all trim work
  • hang closet curtains
  • paint "penny farthing" bicycle & hang
  • buy new or paint mirror for above dresser
  • order artwork from etsy.com
  • paint picture frames & blocks for book case
  • sew pillows for twin bed
  • paint twin bed
  • make basket liner
  • finish faux roman shade
  • move all his stuff from Mom's house to our house
  • organize closet & dressers
Like I said, lots of little projects. I have a call into the pediatrician's office. I left a message asking if they are accepting new patients and what the procedure is as far as meet & greet. He comes highly recommended. Let's hope all goes well with that. I scheduled an appointment to have my Jeep detailed, inside & out. I want the boy to come home in a nice clean car :) Dropping it off on Tuesday night, and will pick up on Wednesday. Then we can re-install the carseat. And put the hospital bags & pillows in the car... ready to go! I've been pretty crampy today. Nothing timeable or consistent. Maybe I just have to poop. And I started taking Evening Primrose Oil - to make my cervix 'favorable'. Not that I'm anxious to start laboring, but I'll do whatever I can to make the actual labor easier. Lots of squatting & walking are on the to-do list from now on. I have a big grocery shopping trip planned for this weekend. I want to get the freezer & pantry stocked up. It'll make planning & preparing lunch and dinner much easier for the first few weeks. What else? Hmmm... nothing of importance I can think of. Maybe I should log off the computer and get something productive done! :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are a smart girl to have your car detailed! You are getting so close- I'm so excited for you!! Good luck with all your projects- here's hoping you get some motivation but more importantly some energy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh good. I don't feel bad about that fact that I haven't even thought about a pedi yet since you don't have one yet. :)

Love the idea of detailing the car and have fun on the big grocery trip. While you're at it, add "take a picture of my belly" to the list!