Baby Your baby measures about 18 inches long from head to toe and weighs about 3.5 pounds. Rather than hearing vibrations, baby's nerve endings in his ears are connected now so that he can hear distinct sounds, like familiar voices and music.
Mama Your uterus now fills a large part of your abdomen, and you've probably gained between 21 and 27 pounds. You're probably feeling increasing excitement and anxiousness about the birth -- it won't be long now.
How far along? 31 weeks, 2 days -61 days left!
Total weight gain/loss: According to our scale, I've finally reached my pre-preg weight. So +13 total, since that's how much I lost in the beginning
Maternity clothes? Still on the hunt for jeans. Picked up a few more t's & tanks from JCP on super clearance - 5 shirts for $22 :)
Stretch marks? no new ones lately, but the older ones seem to be getting darker
Sleep: Ugh! Rolling over in bed is like playing a sadistic game of Twister.
Best moment this week: Joe coming home after being gone for 3 weeks... hopefully he's home for good now!
Movement: crazy... not so much kicking any more, he's moved on to pushing & shoving. If I push on him, he pushes back - I LOVE it!
Food cravings: not really. Haven't been hungry lately... my stomach must be getting squished
Gender: He's a boy! Rough & Tumble :)
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In, but really starting to shallow out.
What I miss: roller coasters
What I am looking forward to: Starting the nursery. Still waiting....
Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every minute of this -- even the tough stuff. :)
I started childbirth classes last night. Every Thursday night from 7-9 for 5 weeks. Joe is still out of town, so Steph filled in. We had tons of fun... lots of laughing & goofing off ;) I'm sure it'll play out the same way with Joe there!
Sunday we have a Newborn Parenting class at the hospital. I'm not sure exactly what they'll be teaching, but I'm thinking Joe will benefit from it more than I will. I've had baby experience with Jonny. Him not so much. I don't even think he knows how to change a diaper ;)
Friday, August 21, 2009
31 weeks - a few days late
Baby Your baby measures about 18 inches long from head to toe and weighs about 3.5 pounds. Rather than hearing vibrations, baby's nerve endings in his ears are connected now so that he can hear distinct sounds, like familiar voices and music.
Mama Your uterus now fills a large part of your abdomen, and you've probably gained between 21 and 27 pounds. You're probably feeling increasing excitement and anxiousness about the birth -- it won't be long now.
How far along? 31 weeks, 2 days -61 days left!
Total weight gain/loss: According to our scale, I've finally reached my pre-preg weight. So +13 total, since that's how much I lost in the beginning
Maternity clothes? Still on the hunt for jeans. Picked up a few more t's & tanks from JCP on super clearance - 5 shirts for $22 :)
Stretch marks? no new ones lately, but the older ones seem to be getting darker
Sleep: Ugh! Rolling over in bed is like playing a sadistic game of Twister.
Best moment this week: Joe coming home after being gone for 3 weeks... hopefully he's home for good now!
Movement: crazy... not so much kicking any more, he's moved on to pushing & shoving. If I push on him, he pushes back - I LOVE it!
Food cravings: not really. Haven't been hungry lately... my stomach must be getting squished
Gender: He's a boy! Rough & Tumble :)
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In, but really starting to shallow out.
What I miss: roller coasters
What I am looking forward to: Starting the nursery. Still waiting....
Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every minute of this -- even the tough stuff. :)
I started childbirth classes last night. Every Thursday night from 7-9 for 5 weeks. Joe is still out of town, so Steph filled in. We had tons of fun... lots of laughing & goofing off ;) I'm sure it'll play out the same way with Joe there!
Sunday we have a Newborn Parenting class at the hospital. I'm not sure exactly what they'll be teaching, but I'm thinking Joe will benefit from it more than I will. I've had baby experience with Jonny. Him not so much. I don't even think he knows how to change a diaper ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment