Imagine my surprise when I discovered the crib I so desperately searched for just vanished from my registry! After some investigating I came to realize that it's either being discontinued, or it has been recalled. Although I can't find evidence to support either.
I did venture into Babies R Us today to find the banged up floor model marked down significantly... and a sign saying it was the only one available. Hmphf. That just made me pissy.
I searched high & low for a white non-girly crib for my boy, at the right price. And the Graco Sarah fit the bill. I don't want an expensive, built to last forever crib. I don't understand them. I mean, I know it's an investment and all that jazz... it goes from a crib, to a toddler bed, to a full size bed. For an even more expensive price... because not all the conversion parts are included. But what about when kid #2 comes along. Do I have to buy another huge, expensive crib? Yeah, not so much. We already have a twin bed that will be in the nursery.. which baby1 will move to when baby2 comes along and has to take over the crib. It's all fine and dandy if you only plan on having one kid, but then what? We're not the Rockafeller's here!
The local Target does have the Graco Kendal crib on clearance for $125. But I heard on TheBump.com that other girls have seen it even lower... I think someone said $45! If that's the case, I'll get over the fact that it's a bit too girly for my taste. So now I'm going to stalk it at Target :)
And if that fails I did find an acceptable alternative at BBBaby. The Bonavita Peyton Classic - for $299. More than I wanted to spend, but I like it. And it seemed pretty sturdy in the store. Actually now that I'm looking at it, I think I like it MORE than the Graco Sarah. For cripes sakes!

Bonavita Peyton Classic
And if I wasn't pissed off enough... I came across this picture while I was looking for a pic of the Peyton. Oh my god... how I love the dark furniture, with the khaki walls, the star... damn it. Just damn it.

I guess it's a good thing we've got a ways to go before the nursery is even close to ready for decorating!
1 comment:
Have you check JCPenney.com? That is where I bought my crib. Great prices and choices. A lot of them remind me of Pottery Barn.
Post a Comment