Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 25, 2009

{ nursery }

The first of many, many posts about the nursery! Decor is my passion... I'm not good at it, but I love it!1. The wall color will be Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage (surprise, surprise!) with crisp white trim. This is my favorite paint color. It has become a neutral in our house. And almost every room is painted this color already. I think it gives the house a good sense of flow.
2. Bedding will be white with chocolate brown piping/accents & monogram. I'm going to custom make the bumper and tailored crib skirt. I registered for all brown crib sheets so they will work perfectly. 3. All furniture, with the exception the the crib, will be this fabulous distressed celery green. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect color. I anticipate many trips to Home Depot! The crib will be white. Furniture includes and old chifferobe I picked up at an antique store for $15, a hand-me-down twin bed, custom made toy box, & a side table. 4. The closet will be faced with curtains, instead of doors, ala The Youngsters. I'm going to diy the curtains, because all the ones I've found pre-made are super expensive...and who's not on a budget these days?! Ikea sells plain white panels for $30, and I'll add a brown linen band to the bottom. 5. Our most expensive nursery purchase... the upholstered rocker/glider/recliner. In a chocolate brown microfiber with wheat colored piping. Of course there are so many more components to the room design, but I needed a jumping off point.

2 comments:

Erin Southwell said...

Hands down my favorite part is the celery green furniture idea! LOVE THAT! Everything looks so beautiful, I didn't realize you were having a boy, congratulations and so exciting! I giggled over your silver sage, I know how you love that color :) It will be perfect in your nursery. I can't wait to see the finished result. Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

It's totally beautiful...and I would disagree with your statement that you're not good at decorating. I think you're fabulous!