Almost halfway there! And only 2 days until the big ultrasound :)
Your baby measures about 5.2 to 6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 7 ounces. Skin is developing and transparent, appearing red because blood vessels are visible through it. Creamy white protective coating, called vernix, begins to develop.
Mom-to-be: As your baby continues to grow, you may be feeling some mid-pregnancy aches and pains by now -- lower abdominal achiness, dizziness, heartburn, constipation, leg cramps, mild swelling of ankles and feet, and a backache. Dilated blood vessels might cause tiny, temporary red marks (called spider nevi) on your face, shoulders and arms. I must say... after reading that I feel great! No achiness, no dizziness, no heartburn, no leg cramps, no swelling. But constipation.. I've got it. And a backache - yep, especially after sitting or laying in the same spot for a while. Which reminds me... off the the chiro today for an adjustment. Better hop in the shower soon :) Oooh and how's this for weird?? Steph is only 12 weeks behind me. For the un-pregnant that doesn't seem like much. But for us pregnant folks it's and eternity! Anyway... I was watching a documentary on fetal development in the womb and found out that my baby's teeny tiny feet are about an inch long. Then it occured to me that Steph's whole baby is only an inch long. Crazy what 12 weeks difference can make! image: vanillajoy.com
1 comment:
So....how was the ultrasound????
Post a Comment