Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like... well... a baby!
Wow! Nine weeks today :) And it's still our little secret. I had my first ob appointment yesterday. It was an information-fest! But I didn't get to hear the heartbeat & they don't do ultrasounds on site... so we still didn't tell anyone!
I went this morning for all of my blood work and 1 hour glucose test. Yuck! I didn't think they did first tri glucose testing, but I'm sure it has something to do with me being overweight to begin with. Speaking of weight... I lost 7 pounds since my appointment last month! This is a good thing :)
I scheduled a dating ultrasound for tomorrow night (Thurs. March 19th, 7pm) so Joe can go with me before he leaves for Texas. I'm psyched! I think we are going right to Steph's after the ultrasound.... I'm dying to tell her!!
I also have to schedule my
NT Test. This test has to be done between 11.4 weeks and 13.6 weeks. That's why I have to go for a dating ultrasound... just to make sure I'm as far along as I think I am.
There is another
test during the 2nd trimester for further determine the risk for Down's and the risk for neural tube defects and spinal bifida. Not fun stuff!
Back to positive thoughts! I can not wait to tell Jonny! He's going to FLIP :) And hopefully I won't be around when Joe tells Emma... she's supposed to be coming here Friday morning to drop off something for him. He can tell her then, while I'm at work. And I know my mom is itching to tell everyone she knows... hopefully tomorrow's ultrasound shows a happy, healthy little olive in there!
No comments:
Post a Comment